FUN FACTS ABOUT US
1. MI Gamma Chapter at Michigan State University was founded on February 17, 1945.
2. Nationally, Pi Beta Phi was founded on April 28, 1867.
3. Our 12 fierce founders began the first secret college society of women to be modeled after the Greek-lettered fraternities of men at Monmouth College.
4. Our fraternity colors are wine and silver blue.
5. Our fraternity flower is the wine carnation.
6. Our official fraternity symbol is the arrow.
7. In the 1930s and 1940s, members began using angels in skits and songs for recruitment which popularized it. Now, the angel is our unofficial symbol.
MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
Welcome and thank you for taking an interest in Michigan Gamma Pi Beta Phi!
I am the Chapter President, a sophomore from Beverly Hills, Michigan, studying Advertising Management with minors in Public Relations and Advertising Analytics.
Pi Phi is an organization that promotes friendship, leadership and helps women build confidence in a supportive environment. I joined Pi Phi in the fall of 2020 and have loved every moment of my sorority experience. I previously served as the Director Housing which allowed me to grow as a leader while fostering friendships that will last forever.
Michigan Gamma creates unique opportunities for community outreach and philanthropy while supporting each member in their academic careers. I am excited to serve as Chapter President this year to support my sisters in all their endeavors and strengthen Michigan Gamma’s legacy.
Yours in the wine and silver blue,