1. MI Gamma Chapter at Michigan State University was founded on February 17, 1945.
2. Nationally, Pi Beta Phi was founded on April 28, 1867.
3. Our 12 fierce founders began the first secret college society of women to be modeled after the Greek-lettered fraternities of men at Monmouth College.
4. Our fraternity colors are wine and silver blue.
5. Our fraternity flower is the wine carnation.
6. Our official fraternity symbol is the arrow.
7. In the 1930s and 1940s, members began using angels in skits and songs for recruitment which popularized it. Now, the angel is our unofficial symbol.
Hi everyone! Welcome to the official website of the Michigan Chapter of Pi Beta Phi. We appreciate you taking the time to visit our website and we welcome you! My name is Sarah Mackson and I am the Chapter President of Pi Beta Phi. I am from East Grand Rapids and I am a sophomore here at MSU. I am currently on the path to obtain a degree in Communications with a minor in both Sales and Spanish. Pi Phi has already had such a big impact in my life and has enhanced my college experience greatly. It has brought so many amazing opportunities for personal and intellectual growth and it also has surrounded me with amazing women whom I get to call my best friends. I am so excited to be the President, and I hope to contribute positively to each and every member’s experience. I'm looking forward to this year and the many more memories to be made with my sisters.
PPLM, Sarah Mackson