FUN FACTS ABOUT US
1. MI Gamma Chapter at Michigan State University was founded on February 17, 1945.
2. Nationally, Pi Beta Phi was founded on April 28, 1867.
3. Our 12 fierce founders began the first secret college society of women to be modeled after the Greek-lettered fraternities of men at Monmouth College.
4. Our fraternity colors are wine and silver blue.
5. Our fraternity flower is the wine carnation.
6. Our official fraternity symbol is the arrow.
7. In the 1930s and 1940s, members began using angels in skits and songs for recruitment which popularized it. Now, the angel is our unofficial symbol.
MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
Hi, welcome everyone! Thank you for visiting and taking an interest in who we are and what we stand for.
My name is Allyson Landry and I am currently serving as the chapter president of MI Gamma. I am from West Bloomfield and am a junior studying Kinesiology with a concentration in Athletic Injury and Therapy.
Pi Phi has been a huge part of my life since the first time I walked through its doors. I have met so many wonderful women who I am proud to call my sisters. Pi Phi has given me, as well as everyone else, many changes to grow and learn and work towards striving towards the noblest womanhood. I am so excited to be the president this term, and I am looking forward to my future in Pi Phi.
Pi Phi love and more,