FUN FACTS ABOUT US
1. MI Gamma Chapter at Michigan State University was founded on February 17, 1945.
2. Nationally, Pi Beta Phi was founded on April 28, 1867.
3. Our 12 fierce founders began the first secret college society of women to be modeled after the Greek-lettered fraternities of men at Monmouth College.
4. Our fraternity colors are wine and silver blue.
5. Our fraternity flower is the wine carnation.
6. Our official fraternity symbol is the arrow.
7. In the 1930s and 1940s, members began using angels in skits and songs for recruitment which popularized it. Now, the angel is our unofficial symbol.
MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
Welcome and thank you for taking an interest in Michigan Gamma Pi Beta Phi!
My name is Brooke Zeiter and I am the Chapter President. I am currently a sophomore from Oxford, Michigan studying English and Law.
Pi Phi is an organization that promotes friendship, leadership and helps women build confidence in a supportive environment. I joined our chapter in the fall of 2021 and since then, have made many friends and memories that could last me a lifetime. With all that Pi Beta Phi has given me, I decided to further my love for our chapter through this leadership position.
Michigan Gamma creates unique opportunities for community outreach and philanthropy while supporting each member in their academic careers. I am excited to serve as Chapter President this year to support my sisters in all their endeavors and strengthen Michigan Gamma’s legacy.
Yours in the wine and silver blue,